This is my first time doing the Currently Reading tag which I found on Reading In The Wings’ blog. She’s got an awesome blog so be sure to go visit. 🙂 It seemed like a fun tag to do and since I still haven’t drafted my reviews (I really need to sit down and just do it), I decided to do this tag. So here goes.
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
Okay, so I’m the type of reader who reads only one book at a time. I know, I’m kind of an odd bookworm. You see, when I start a book, I get so hooked in it I tend to spend all my available time reading it. From experience I know that if I start another book at the same time, a century might go by before I switch to the second one lol. But I’m thinking of giving it a try again.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch books?
Well, I think I already answered this question in the one above. It’s hard for me to leave a book until I’ve finished it to switch to the other one.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re partway through a book?
Sure. Depends on whether I’m in the mood for admiring one of my many bookmarks. 😀
4. Where do you keep the book(s) you’re currently reading?
I read on my Kindle so all my books are in there. Handy to carry around (checked my Kindle quick) 1,247 books. 😉 Just imagine if they were all in hardback. How many suitcases would I need? Ah, if only I had Newt’s magical suitcase.
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
One hour every morning and one hour every afternoon to and from work. I do try to sneak in some reading during lunch time or when I’m free during office hours. 😉
6. How long do you typically read in one sitting?
Uh, I don’t really know this one. When I read, I’m so involved in the story that time goes by without me noticing where I am or how many chapters I’ve read. Case in point, I’ve missed my stop before because I was so busy reading I couldn’t be bothered to get down and go home. I paid for it by walking half a mile home. Yep, that happened.
7. Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?
With the dust jacket on! I love looking at the covers and admiring them.
8. What position do you mainly use to read?
Hmm, depends. Stretched out on my bed or on a lounge chair. Whichever is more comfortable because when I read I’m in for the long haul.
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
Oh, yes, on my Kindle. Including all my favorite books just in case I missed my favorite characters so much I needed to revisit with them. Before I had my Kindle, if I left the book I was currently reading at home, I’d spend all day thinking about it and kicking myself in the behind for having forgotten to bring it in the first place. Your whole day is ruined. Now, my Kindle’s glued to me ;), it goes everywhere with me.
10. How often do you update your Goodreads progress on the book you’re currently reading?
I have the Goodreads app on my phone so I update it when I make some headway in the book or have a quote/funny part to share or if I’ve finished it. You get the idea. Now, for reviews, it’s a whole different thing. Takes time to craft genius to post lol.
Tagging time! I tag the following bookworms:
1. Dani @ Touch My Spine Book Reviews
2. Amanda @ Peaks and Pages
3. Cindy @ readctbooks
5. Audra @ Audra’s Book Babbling
6. Nada @ Early Bookish Birds
7. Clarissa @ Quirky Lady Bookworm Reviews
8. Steph @ Lost: Purple Quill
9. Norees @ No Reads Too Great
10. Star and Fleur @ Webookingloveit
You guys, there’s no pressure, you don’t have to do the tag if you don’t want to or in case you already did it. For anyone I don’t know, you can do the tag if you want. It’s fun!