I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Audra from Audra’s Book Babbling. This was so unexpected and such a nice surprise. Thanks so much for nominating me, Audra. I really appreciate the thought and the gesture 🙂
– Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
Here are Audra’s Questions (phew! Exam time!):
1. If you had to change the name of your blog, what would you change it to?
Ah, I wouldn’t change it. It took me a long while to decide on Nomadic Worlds and I really like the title. “Nomad” is a word that always spoke to me and Nomadic Worlds is exactly what I wanted because to me, a book’s like a portal to thousands of worlds.
2. Who was your first follower?
I guess, myself? Lol. You know how when you first create a blog and WordPress shows you as following the blog on your account. (You are following this blog.)
3. Who was the first person you followed?
Still me, lol. WordPress default, I fear 😉
4. What is your favorite thing about your blog?
My banner picture. When I took the picture with my phone camera last year, I never even expected that it would look so good. The lighting was just perfect. I already loved The Night World series and their covers, but in that photo they look awesome with the origami stars.
5. Do you wish you had done anything differently when you first started?
I don’t know. I’ve never thought about it. I try not to think back or second-guess the decisions I’ve taken. It tends to make me doubt myself.
6. What is your least favorite blog post on your site?
None. Lol. I liked each and every post I did. Usually, when I do a blog post, I go through several corrections before I decide to publish it. And when I do hit the publish button, it means, I really liked the post to finally publish it.
7. What is your favorite drink?
Chocolate milkshakes! Yum. Hot chocolate, chocolate shakes, anything chocolate in it. But I do love iced tea as well. Yes, I have a huge sweet tooth.
8. What is one thing many people don’t know about you?
Hmm, you should ask, what are the things people actually do know about me. I’m a very private person so I rarely share with people. But if I had to choose what even my close friends don’t know about me is that I can be very awkward, especially when meeting new people. Not something I like to admit to.
9. What kind of books do you tend to pick up the most?
Fantasy (YA and adult). I love Fantasy. Anything’s possible in a fantasy world 🙂
10. What is the main reason you started blogging?
I did say I was a very private person right? Now, what does a bookworm who is also a very private person do when she wants to meet other bookworms so she can talk about books or share how she feels about books and bookish issues? Well, she blogs.
11. How long have you been blogging?
I’d say about four years. Actually, for this blog it’s been barely a year. I had another blog but in a bout of depression and lack of motivation, I deleted it. It took my awesome friend, Selena’s advice and encouragement for me to start again.
I nominate the following bloggers for the award – (Your blogs are really cool, guys!):
1. Selena – Life of a Random
2. Drew – The Tattooed Book Geek
3. Lisa – Bookshelf Fantasies
4. Nada – Early Bookish Birds
5. Clarissa – Quirky Lady Bookworm Reviews
6. Steph – Lost: Purple Quill
7. Always Trust in Books
8. Sarah – The Critiquing Chemist
9. Spasciuti – Reader Fox and a Box of Books
10. Norees – No Reads Too Great
11. My One Thousand Lives Blog
Here are my questions:
1. What’s your favorite thing about reading?
2. Are you an eclectic reader or do you stick to one genre?
3. How do you motivate yourself to keep your blog up and running?
4. Do you plan and schedule your posts or are you a pantser?
5. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
6. What do you find most challenging about blogging?
7. What are you most proud of about blogging?
8. If you could travel back in time, would you do it?
9. If you had to chose a title for your autobiography, what would it be?
10. Do you actively keep up with latest books or do you just read what looks good to you, no matter the year of release?
11. What are you looking forward to most right now?
For my nominees – you don’t have to do a blog post for the award if you don’t want to. The award’s virtual but it’s yours either way 😉 You earned it 🙂